Having trouble figuring this out, please help?

Areolyn

Songster
7 Years
Apr 11, 2014
De Leon, Texas
Ok, so I went to get a rooster today from a very nice lady who lives 45 minutes away from me. I picked out what looks like a black brahma, but I don't know if it's a little pullet or rooster. It's only 7 weeks old, and his comb and wattles are more larger than 3 month and 4 month old pullets. So what do you think?

Above is the he/she that I'm pretty sure should be a roo, but I'm not good at sexing. Below is the others, Eppie and Opal the two comets(3 months and one's tail has a few longer looking feathers) and Henny and Prissy the Leghorns(4.5 months).

Ok, so I went to get a rooster today from a very nice lady who lives 45 minutes away from me. I picked out what looks like a black brahma, but I don't know if it's a little pullet or rooster. It's only 7 weeks old, and his comb and wattles are more larger than 3 month and 4 month old pullets. So what do you think? Above is the he/she that I'm pretty sure should be a roo, but I'm not good at sexing. Below is the others, Eppie and Opal the two comets(3 months and one's tail has a few longer looking feathers) and Henny and Prissy the Leghorns(4.5 months).
Looks like a roo to me

That's likely a Black or Black Copper Marans cockerel.
Not the right body type or comb to be a Brahma.

Last edited:
Trust yourself! You said it yourself in the very first post, his comb and wattles are larger than a 4 month old hens'. Recognizing that puts you ahead of the game when sexing birds
big_smile.png

Agree he's not a Brahma. He could be a Marans (looks to have white/pink skin?) or just a pretty barnyard mix.

Trust yourself! You said it yourself in the very first post, his comb and wattles are larger than a 4 month old hens'. Recognizing that puts you ahead of the game when sexing birds
big_smile.png

Agree he's not a Brahma. He could be a Marans (looks to have white/pink skin?) or just a pretty barnyard mix.
x2

Thanks for giving me more headsight on the breed guys! I was thinking it wasn't a brahma but who cares he's a cutie lol.
I knew it would probably be a rooster too, that comb and them wattles don't lie.

Back
Top Bottom