Hawk bold and hunting

Jess718

Chirping
Mar 23, 2022
So I have a hawk that has killed two of my girls. I can’t let them out at all. Even when I am there, he swooped down and I had to throw myself in front of the girls. It was terrifying.

Now I have found him sitting on top of the coop staring at them in the run. The run is enclosed with hardwire and has a plastic cover that runs down both sides for the winter. But will this keep him out? What do I do? It’s stressful and scary.

This guy doesn’t leave the area. It’s crazy.

I mean the hardwire cloth. Like the tiny squares lol. I’ll find a pic and post. I have lattice over it on 3 sides at the bottom. For looks and to block around the bottom. The cloth extends down and put around the perimeter.

I’ve tried the fake owl and the hawk does not care. Even if I move it around. I’m not sure what other detergent to use other than protecting them as best as I can with their enclosure

This guy doesn’t leave the area. It’s crazy.

I mean the hardwire cloth. Like the tiny squares lol. I’ll find a pic and post. I have lattice over it on 3 sides at the bottom. For looks and to block around the bottom. The cloth extends down and put around the perimeter.

I’ve tried the fake owl and the hawk does not care. Even if I move it around. I’m not sure what other detergent to use other than protecting them as best as I can with their enclosure
Oh, assuming you mean hardware cloth. If the run is covered correctly, the hawk shouldn't be able to get in. However, the gals will probably freak out when it's there.

Oh, assuming you mean hardware cloth. If the run is covered correctly, the hawk shouldn't be able to get in. However, the gals will probably freak out when it's there.
Lol yes hardware cloth. Sorry :p

Back
Top Bottom