hawk....

the 412 chicks

Songster
10 Years
Jul 22, 2009
fremont
i got slamed the other day by a hawk. i have 5 mallards and 4 pekins. the stupid hawk got a pekin and two mallards and dropped em on the road.

Sorry about your loss.
hugs.gif

Do you have anything you can use as netting?

Did you see the hawk take the ducks?

Last edited:
no but my neighbour did because she was going out to feed her bird to. there are all around. all of the other ducks hoffed it to the coop and didnt come out till i came to feed em

I'll send you my mother. She used to shoot hawks to protect her chickens she was raising in our homestead in Alaska. That was when she was in her 30s. She is in her late 80s, but might be able to help you out a little bit.... : )
I am sorry for your loss. I hope you figure out something to protect them.

FAKE OWLS

I caught a hawk with one of my blue OEGB hens..shredding her (her 'twin' didnt come back for like 2 days she was so scared)

I put one of those plastic owls up on a 20' pole and havent had a problem since....that was summer of 2008.

get a couple if you've got a real problem. We live at the bottom of a hillside & have eagles, owl & hawks nesting all around.

idk the dog is well trained and is on a electric fence and never crosses. the neck was like excatley eaten. all that was left was the throat and a vessel. there was a ton of cyote tracks. the ducks go in at nite though. it had to be in the morn cause i was out till dark. i wish i couls shoot em but the game warden would be knocking on the door later that day

It sucks losing your ducks, but just so you know, its definately not a hawk doing it. There is no hawk in this country that can lift a duck off the ground and fly with it. Also, they would not kill multiple ducks. After they killed one, it would settle in and eat until full.

Back
Top Bottom