Hay Days: A Horse Thread

I'll make the first post.
I have been a rider since I was very young.
I started when I was 6. I got my first horse when I was 7.
I currently own 4 horses.

Patience is a 25 year old arabian.

Chess is a roan welsh sporthorse. He is 7. He is a extremely talented jumper but is also monumentally lazy. He is the most dangerous horse I've every seen on TV or in real life.
He is a stallion as well as a a welsh TB cross.

Remy is a registered american paint horse mare who is a barrel racing champion.
My best run on her was a 17.4 on a standard pattern.
She is a quirky mare who likes to bite! All great horses have problems.
She has hoof problems,

Magic is my newest horse. She is a 4 year old registered quarter horse.
She has amazing breeding, great conformation, perfect soundness, and is crazy athletic.
She is absolutely perfect in almost every way.
I am training her to be a barrel horse.

I'm a horse addict as well. I would say that my favorite breed is the Friesian, but I greatly enjoy Thoroughbreds too. Currently I have 2 mares that both came off the track. Cha Cha is an 18 year old bay with a big white star and Pie is a 9 year old chestnut rabicano--which is pretty neat because I've never seen rabicano in person until her.

My future goal with horses is to purchase a Friesian colt and hopefully get him approved for breeding. For him to be approved he would have to go through a strict testing in which he will be judged on his character and abilities to perform undersaddle and in harness. I may breed my 2 TBs mares for personal riding horses. I love dressage and enjoy the challenges it presents and I also very much enjoy the process of foaling out mares and seeing your foals grow and develop.

Great thread, thanks for starting it!

Wow!!! You have some VERY nice horses. Is Patience a purebred, or is she an Arabian cross?
I don't own any horses(we have no money or space), but have been taking some sort of lesson ever since I could hold reigns. It's pretty cold here now, so I've stopped for the winter, since my teacher doesn't have an indoor arena, but hope to resume in the spring.
@chicken19 what's your favorite breed? Mine is the Morgan.

Patience is a purebred arabian but she's not papered.
My horse's aren't expensive but I work hard with them and don't flip horses.
My favourite breed is quarter horse, they are so athletic and versatile.

Today I rode my horse Chess, who is very fat and unfit right now.
We did a western dressage practice. Circles, straight lines, turns on the hind quarters, etc.
He got all sweaty on the canter work and his sweat frozen he looked like a ice horse.
I brushed him down and he was Ok though.

Friesians are really cool.
I really want one someday. They look so comfortable, gorgeous, smart and athletic.

We did a western dressage practice. Circles, straight lines, turns on the hind quarters, etc.
He got all sweaty on the canter work and his sweat frozen he looked like a ice horse.

I really want one someday. They look so comfortable, gorgeous, smart and athletic.
Nice. Had he been on vacation for a while?

Nice. Had he been on vacation for a while?

I ride him every other day but he still doesn't burn calories!

Back
Top Bottom