Hazel Tears--A Story

"... Nadia, come with me, please," the Alpha, Alpha Stone, said. Without waiting for an answer, he turned and strode briskly away, his carriage authorative and strong.

Nadia, with nothing left to do but follow, scooped up her newfound pup and padded meekly after him, worry and fear riddling her maw.

Nadia had always been meek. It was half the reason Jay, in his plot to spread his lineage far and wide, had managed to con her into bearing his pups. And all of the conceived pups had turned out to be stillborns.

She flinched in emotional pain as she recalled his words of anger, so cold and harsh. He had been insensitive to her sorrow as he yelled at her.

"Worthless she-dog! You promise me kin and I get THIS?!"

Nadia had tried to tell him it wasn't her fault. And as punishment for "backtalk", Jay had slashed her throat. Not enough to kill, oh no; just enough to cause great pain and weakness from blood loss.

Nadia's eyes filled with tears. She hadn't had a silent moment to think like this for quite some time. And now that she was thinking, all she could recall were painful memories. She realized she didn't have one good memory, save for the lies Jay had told her, his deceiving words used just to get him what he wanted.

"There, there, Nadia. I'll take care of you..."

Nadia was thrown into the cold waters of reality as she heard Alpha Stone's words. "Please, step inside my den," he said.

Though his words were sincere, Nadia shook her head and said softly, "I-I-I'd rather not." Entering Jay's den had been the mistake she had made which had allowed him to do his horrible bidding in the first place.

The Alpha gave her a sympathetic nod and sat down. For an Alpha, he was very kind, Nadia noticed.

He sighed and looked Nadia straight in the eyes.

"... Nadia," he began, his voice pained and his expression sorrowful and grey as the overcast sky above.

A single black raven floated through the air like a wisp of fur caught in a breeze. The dim light flashed on its iridescent feathers, and it's beady gold eyes scoured the ground below it with what seemed something like contempt, as though it thought highly of itself for the gift of flight.

Finally, the bird landed in the treetops above the two wolves and the forlorn little pup. Cocking it's head, the creature took in the scene with an incredibly observant gaze.

".. Nadia.. Nadia.. Ah, there she is!" he said calmly. His gaze moved to the pup, Hazel. Eyes narrowed, he frowned as much as a beaked creature could.

Spreading his wings, he glided down to the branch below him, this giving him the advantage of listening in on the two wolves' conversation.

"Nadia, I will be blunt. You cannot stay here," the alpha said. "You nor Hazel. Jay sees you both as 'his', and will do all in his power to get you both back. And you know him as well as I; this can only mean war. My pack does not deserve that."

The Alpha's reaons were in the best intentions, but Nadia could only be hurt by this. With no loner territory, and Jay's pack being the only other option, she had no place else to go.

"No! Please, no! Cant you help me?!" she begged, sobbing. She was trembling with terror. Jay would surely punish her if she went back! And he would definitely kill Hazel!

"I'm afraid I cannot," Stone replied sadly. He shook his head. His dark, grim gaze brightened suddenly and he grinned. "But there is one you can go to," he added.

The Raven's eyes widened as Stone uttered the name of the pack where Nadia could seek refuge. He heard Nadia's grateful, relief filled acceptance. Lifting off, the bird flew away. He knew what to tell his master, now.

(Like where I'm leaving off? Comment and let me know who you think is the Raven's master!
wink.png
)

I know many of you may think this is dead but it isn't! I have just been really busy with work, school, and then I've been in and out of the hospital and in recovery for 3 weeks (because I bruised an artery and tore up both legs pretty good in a biking crash). So yeah, a busy life..

Anyways, next chapter should be up, hopefully tonight/tomorrow morning.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom