HEADS UP AVIAN INFLUENZA ALERT

We saw 2 dead birds in our front area (picked them up with a rag and got rid of them then washed hands) and saw 2 dead birds at our neighbors driveway. All were babies. Only 1 was almost fully feathered. Idk if it was from our cat or what, but is weird

Is this illness just in birds or can us humans catch it too like with the swine flu?

Risk to humans is low at this point. If you are worried about the dead birds, contact your state agriculture department. They should want to collect the dead birds for testing, so if you still have them, hang on to them. Or, at least, let them know you are finding that many and see what they say.

Last edited:
Also what are the symptoms?

There's lots of info on here if you can read through the thread. Sudden death. Respiratory symptoms. Sudden drop in egg laying. Multiple deaths in the flock that are otherwise unexplained. Do your research, as we all have, and you'll get a lot of info about it. I hope it is just the cat.

Last edited:
There's lots of info on here if you can read through the thread.  Sudden death.  Respiratory symptoms.  Sudden drop in egg laying.  Multiple deaths in the flock that are otherwise unexplained. Do your research, as we all have, and you'll get a lot of info about it. I hope it is just the cat.

Thank you me too

Risk to humans is low at this point.  If you are worried about the dead birds, contact your state agriculture department.  They should want to collect the dead birds for testing, so if you still have them, hang on to them.  Or, at least, let them know you are finding that many and see what they say.

I don't have their number I'll have to look

Back
Top Bottom