Healthy chicken died with green stuff coming out of her whole face

Birdmaster3

Chirping
Apr 24, 2023
This hen was perfectly healthy last night, this morning she was on the floor still warm with screen smelly stuff osing out of her mouth nose and eyes. What was Rong with her, how can I protect my other birds?

I do not have the body and dust got on the face because I sat her down to bury her before I took a picture so you couldn't tell. The coop is a 12ft by 12ft horse stable with roosts, and has a really big run that's fully open.

I have never heard of something like that before. Was it possible that a predator got her and then some slugs were on her before you found her, or did it look like the goo was specifically coming from her facial orifices?

Sorry for all the questions, but if none of us have heard of it, that makes me a little concerned.

There were a few feathers but an amount from just other chickens pecking. She wasn't bloody or hurt. And we don't have slugs at all or snails. I'm really confused to.

Without being able to see it, we can only guess. If she had a full crop when she passed, then it could have been crop contents that came back up when she died, that can happen. Coming from the beak and nares would be not uncommon, can't say if it was coming from the eyes, or had just gotten in there during dieing, sometimes they thrash around as they pass. A necropsy is often the only way to know for sure what happened. And they are very good at hiding illness, so it's possible that there really was something going on that went unnoticed because she was hiding it so well.

Ohh it was coming out of the eyes for Shure but I'm giving the other bird vitamins and probiotics. Is the Delaware breed less hard?

Back
Top Bottom