Heart breaking day on the farm...

Beauueab

Chirping
Apr 29, 2020
My elegant beautiful sweet bantams and little ducks were slaughtered about three hours ago by and neighbors wild ,dirty ,cruel dog....it’s really hurt me deeply and I want this seamlessly senseless act of cruelty to be answered for guess I’m just wanting some comfort and if possible a little info on deal with this mutt and if I can end it’s life legally ,any kind words and info would be greatly appreciated ,thanks to all the BYC members.

My elegant beautiful sweet bantams and little ducks were slaughtered about three hours ago by and neighbors wild ,dirty ,cruel dog....it’s really hurt me deeply and I want this seamlessly senseless act of cruelty to be answered for guess I’m just wanting some comfort and if possible a little info on deal with this mutt and if I can end it’s life legally ,any kind words and info would be greatly appreciated ,thanks to all the BYC members.
I'm sorry about your loss. 😪 Before you shoot the dogs you should give your neighbors a fair warning.
I'd tell them that their dogs killed your livestock and if they show up at your house again you will be forced to shoot them.

I have ne relationship with them I just try to mind my business they don’t keep there hard cut or house clean and the herd of ferial dogs the call pets have been running creek for months killing my grandmas cats I tried no lethal ways of keep them away and it word for months and I got up to feed and they were dead all over the yard and the dog was still trapped trying to kill my game rooster in the pen and tried to bite me ,they do not care about these start muttts that roam the yard and .... just filled with anger and hurt just trying to not start a fight and get law enforcement envolved I contacted themand animal control after it happend I just don’t think they will solve the problem idk I don’t mean to sound like a cry baby but it’s got me really ****ed up I knew some support from the members might help thanks for yalls reply means a lot in the time.

I contacted the animal controls and chief of police he’s a friend of the family they said the will do something tomorrow just don’t know what I don’t expect much from them .

I’ve been reading the state laws about livestock ownership and rights of theowner and everything I read says I have all the rites to protect my live stock and self and I also have a 8 year old that is always by the pen loving on them and stuff I don’t want her being attacked

If the dog tried to bite you, you probably have more leverage with animal control. It has killed livestock and attacked a person and would definitely be considered a dangerous dog. If the people are as negligent with their animals as you say, they may be the sort to deny that it's their dog or dogs at all to avoid fines or charges. That makes it easier for animal control to take charge of the loose dogs as strays.

I don't know about the tactic of not involving authorities. People get very confrontational about their animals and about being told someone wants their dog put down. If you and your remaining animals are in danger it's better to get it taken care of than have an angry neighbor coming after you because you "took care" of their dog on your own.

Yeah that’s the position I’m in last thing I need is to get in some kissing match and things get out of hand and they hurt my animals in retaliation and liek I said they have been reported to the cops and ani mal control.

Supposedly they are going to the dogs owner and address it .Its just so sad ,a completely senseless act of cruelty to animals that I cared and loved and hell of a lot . I literally do the dude from across the yard and just wanted to have it out with him but I know it won’t bring back my babies or the connection we had .

I just don’t get it,my dog used to lay down with them and never chase let them groom her never show aggression towards them and thIs rabid, genetically unstable mutt of a hyper aggressive nature just took something that meant the world to me even if the out the dog down or whatever and and paid for my birds it’ll never get the love I had for them back ,I just can’t get past it or let it go it’s obviously got me up tonight on guard and just depressed just sucks

Back
Top Bottom