heat source under eggs

goodb

Songster
8 Years
Aug 27, 2013
My little piece of heaven!
My Coop
My Coop
Having experienced a less-than-stellar performance in my last hatch, I am considering making some changes to my homemade incubator. It is a little styrofoam cooler that I used a 25-watt light bulb to heat. I was thinking that the heat source being above the eggs caused problems with temperature differentials. I was thinking, what if I put the light bulb under the eggs, in the center to take advantage of the rising heat? Since it would be in the middle, there would be less of a temperature variance and would make for more even heating throughout the cooler. Does anyone know; Has this been tried? Has it been successful? What are your thoughts on the question?

Thank you.

My incubator has an element that goes all the way around the top of it and it keeps the temp pretty even you may put a thermometer inside of it and see if it is 99 degrees that's what mine hatched at if not try a different watt bulb in it let me know what it does I may try it and another thing mine has a spot to keep water in it for the humitity to be right I forgot to mist mine before they hatched so mine had a hard time getting out of their shells good luck

Back
Top Bottom