HeavensHens88's Chat Thread!

Awww...I've had lots of hens raise chicks together, it's really sweet.

Once these two hens hatched just one chick together. One hen would find something for it to eat, then the other, it was really funny! He grew super fast and always stuck close to his moms. :lol:

Hey Zelda! How's life?
Pretty good. Still recovering from all the Memorial Day craziness. :lol:
And Canary is sick. She's broody as usual, but she won't extend her neck anymore! I'm wondering if she just sat on the nest for so long it screwed up her back/neck. Like she needs a "chiropractor" adjustment, I guess. :/ She's super skinny, I have to hand feed her, but if I leat her out of her broody breaker, she stands by me for minute, then sloooowly walks back to the nestboxes.
Any ideas?

Pretty good. Still recovering from all the Memorial Day craziness. :lol:
And Canary is sick. She's broody as usual, but she won't extend her neck anymore! I'm wondering if she just sat on the nest for so long it screwed up her back/neck. Like she needs a "chiropractor" adjustment, I guess. :/ She's super skinny, I have to hand feed her, but if I leat her out of her broody breaker, she stands by me for minute, then sloooowly walks back to the nestboxes.
Any ideas?

She can't be broody anymore. Period. Don't let her at or near the nest boxes for any amount of time for days, maybe a week. Weigh her daily to make sure she's not losing. Keep feeding everything she likes.

As for the neck thing, this is bugging me...I forget. Vitamins, electrolytes? Try making her do different things that would make her have to stretch her neck, just to see if she can. Hope she gets better soon!!

She can't be broody anymore. Period. Don't let her at or near the nest boxes for any amount of time for days, maybe a week. Weigh her daily to make sure she's not losing. Keep feeding everything she likes.

As for the neck thing, this is bugging me...I forget. Vitamins, electrolytes? Try making her do different things that would make her have to stretch her neck, just to see if she can. Hope she gets better soon!!

She's in the breaker right now. I give her chick starter instead of layer crumbles since it has more protein. She ate really well this morning, almost everything I offered her. But she didn't drink anything. :/
I actually made her some "pain relief" water. Crushed a baby advil and put it in a water bottle. BUT I think dad found it and either emptied it or drank it. :barnie :mad: :smack She did perk up a tiny bit after she drank some of it though.
I'm going to ferment some feed for her today. I'll pit some pro biotics in it too.

Back
Top Bottom