Heeeyyy!:)

Amby

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 4, 2012
Hey! my name is Amber
big_smile.png

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am new to rasing chickens, I just got mine only 4days ago from Tractor Supply:)

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We had to buy a min of 6 so we have 6 babies
jumpy.gif
sadly my mother only wants to start out with 3 so we will have to give 3 away
hit.gif

(3) What breeds do you have?
I believe we bought Amber Link Pullets

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
I was looking up questions that I had on google and all of my answers were on this website:)

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I really like play lacrosse, um yeah I'm a boring person so tahts it;)

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have an older brother and sister, I am the youngest:/, this is our first time ever raising chickens. My mom raised chickens when she was younger so we somewhat know what we are doing;) but we can always use some help! I have 2 dogs, our poodle Buddy and our puggle Bebe. I introduced out chicks to them alreaady, buddy saw them as food so we will be keeping him away from them and bebe wanted to play with them lol

QUESTION!:) how much room do 3 chickens need in an outside run? Thanksyou!
D.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So glad you joined.Congrats on your chicks. Six chickens really isn't much differencethan three, mom, besides, I would at least wait to make sure you didn't get any roos in that batch before you get rid of them. :thumbsup

For large fowl, it should 8sq ft, but it can vary, sometimes you can use 2sq ft per chicken (I'm doing that right now). If your adding more chickens there should be as much space as possible!

Welcome to BYC Amber!
frow.gif

I'm new to chickens as well. We raised them when I was younger but I did little more than feed or water them and collect eggs. I don't have any right now but I just put in an order for 8 pullets and 2 roos. Live in Michigan and want a cold hearty breed so ended up ordering some Black Australorps. Have a couple indoor cats and a couple dogs.

Good luck with yours.

Hello and :welcome
It's great to see more young folk on BYC and getting into chicken raising. :p I'm sorry you have to give away some of your chicks. :hugs But three is still going to be a lot of fun to take care of, I've never raised more than two at a time before. :lol: You'll really get to know their different personalities.
Enjoy your chickens, and hope to see you around! :frow

Back
Top Bottom