"Hefty" names for our new Cochin hens?

MamaManda

Songster
10 Years
Dec 2, 2011
SW Washington
My Coop
My Coop
We have 2 new chickies, a Partridge Cochin, and a Standard white Cochin. We were inspired to add a couple cochins to our flock after meeting our neighbors black Cochin who is named Georgie Fatpants. My kids would like to name ours with similarly "hefty" 2-word names that reflect their fluffiness and ruffly bottoms when full grown. Does anyone have any ideas for us?
We've come up with a few words that could be worked into a name, such as _____ Dumpling, or ______ FancyPants, or ________ Muffinbottom or some variation, but we are totally open to new ideas! We also like names that both begin with the same letter, such as Lucy-Lou, or Bleu Belle. Thanks for your help.

FYI, to minimize duplicates, our current flock includes:

Olive
Olympia
Columbia
Tagen
Emma
Belle
Penny
Mertz
Larkin and
Butter

I have a white Cochin named Butterscotch feel free to use that. Or you could use something like Buttercup or...........

I've always entertained the idea of getting a heavy breed and sticking with Scandenavian names. Here are some I've considered:

Olga
Helga
Birgit
Freya
Lars
Thorvid
Bjorn

Etc

Rotunda
Bloomers
Pantaloon
Knickers

smile.png

Here's some brainstorming inspired by the ideas already mentioned.

Darla Dumpling
Bertha Bloomerbutt
Maxine Muffinbottom
Ruthie Rotunda
Freya (or Fergie) Fluffypants
Winona Widebottom

Be sure to let us all know what you name them after throwing around all the ideas.

Here's some brainstorming inspired by the ideas already mentioned.

Darla Dumpling
Bertha Bloomerbutt
Maxine Muffinbottom
Ruthie Rotunda
Freya (or Fergie) Fluffypants
Winona Widebottom

Be sure to let us all know what you name them after throwing around all the ideas.
Thank you Scratch'n'peck! This is exactly what I was looking for! I especially love Winona Widebottom. :) I think that will be our Partridge Cochin......and our Standard white will be either Darla Dumpling or Ruthie Rotunda. :) Whichever of those that are left may be used for our Brahma. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom