Hello all! From Arvada CO

Hiddenintheivy

Hatching
5 Years
May 21, 2014
Arvada, CO
So here is my intro....
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
No I have kept chickens before, but it has been almost ten years ago now.
I am looking forward to starting some new chicks, and getting fresh eggs again.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
None at the moment, but we should get some soon I hope. I will probably get some eggs to hatch with my kids near the end of summer.

(3) What breeds do you have?
In the past I have kept americaunas, barred rocks, and silver laces. We want to get some more americaunas and silkies.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Through web searches for chicken info and coop ideas.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I love sewing and quilting, I spin wool. Gardening. Playing with my kids.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have two daughters, one is 11 yrs, and the other is 2 1/2. I have two dogs, an Aussie and a border terrier. One parrot. And we have fish tanks too.

I am super excited about my up coming chickens, as my hubby said I could get some and a coop for Mother's Day. After 6 years together this is my first Mother's Day present.. Lol.. He isn't good at the whole gift giving thing... He he he...but I love him anyway.
I just found a listing for an awesome looking coop, with 4 hens. We get to look at it on Thursday, so I have my fingers crossed.

images

Welcome to BYC!!

So glad you could join our community! Enjoy getting your flock established and we do welcome you to our flock!

Welcome to BYC from PA
frow.gif

Congrats on your awesome Mother's Day present!!

We were just out your way last year on vacation- my husband grew up in Aurora. Well finished growing up there his father was Air Force. His brother & sister are up by Longmont now- I sure do miss those views of the mountains you have!

Welcome to BYC from PA :frow

Congrats on your awesome Mother's Day present!!

We were just out your way last year on vacation- my husband grew up in Aurora. Well finished growing up there his father was Air Force. His brother & sister are up by Longmont now- I sure do miss those views of the mountains you have!

My youngest was born in Aurora.:D
I like the Longmont area too, but Arvada is home. My husband grew up here.

Back
Top Bottom