Hello All From South Jersey - "The Sticks"

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock along with your husband. Sorry about the loss of your chicks in shipping. I hope things go well with you from here on out. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

:D hello Jersey folks I live in Vineland and would like to hear from any of you. I am new to chickens but my grandpop had a chicken farm.

big_smile.png
hello Jersey folks I live in Vineland and would like to hear from any of you. I am new to chickens but my grandpop had a chicken farm.
Welcome to BYC to you too! Glad you decided to join our flock as well. Please feel free to post a new thread and ask any questions you might have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

I just have one question for now
My girls are between 4-5 months when do I feed them layer pellets.
We just switched them to scratch grain from grower starter or should they go to finisher first.
They get kale, and green cabbage everyday as they have eaten all the grass in their big run.

I just have one question for now
My girls are between 4-5 months when do I feed them layer pellets.
We just switched them to scratch grain from grower starter or should they go to finisher first.
You should start feeding them layer feed at 18 weeks. You can use up the last of your grower starter by mixed it in with some layer feed until it is gone and they are completely on layer feed. There is a good article on feeding chickens at different ages at http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/11/feeding-chickens-at-different-ages.html.

Back
Top Bottom