Hello all!

2 Easter Eggers, 2 Barred Rock, 1 Rhode Island Red.... The other ended up being male. He's beautiful but huge. And a jerk sometimes.

Keep your eye on the 'jerk', and if his attitude escalates, coq au vin is a really good recipe.

Lmao I've heard that. Was reading thru the posts and sometime said white vinegar seems to calm them down? Might try it. My original quest was for what to do about him pulling feathers when mounting...

welcome-byc.gif

Hi Jo, nice to have you here!

Hi Jo, what do you know? Okay that's really lame from the olden days. I don't think your roo is being a jerk. I think the grab feathers to help keep them from falling off. Of course a rooster can handle 10 hens. If there are much less, he will keep breeding the same ones over & over = lots of bald spots
and claw marks on the hens.

Last edited:
Oh the feather thing and him being a jerk are two separate situations. I can understand that he's gonna pull of some feathers. I just wasn't sure how to help protect the hens....
He's a jerk to me... I'm not afraid of him but I don't trust him. He really is a huge bird. Used to have to push him away with a yard stick to keep distance. It's like the whole "come at me bro" attitude

Back
Top Bottom