Hello All

Kburleso

In the Brooder
Sep 12, 2021
Hello everyone, my name is Kittie. It was my daughter-in-law who had Peacocks and Chickens, and much like me, she knew nothing and just started, and I loved them. Plus, I grew up visiting my aunt on the farm occasionally, and she had chickens, so I would guess that is where my first love of Chickens started, so I am here, and I need to learn more about keeping backyard chickens. I purchased my babies about 4 years ago from Cackle Hatchery to get started, and here I am with two of the originals thanks to the foxes, hawks, wolves, and a dog. I did have a couple of babies that came along about 3 years ago; what a fun surprise and such a good little mommy. Then about two months ago, I added eight additional. For the most, I have brown layers Rhode Island Reds and White, Barred Rocks, Bluff Orpington, Dominique, Red/White Plymouth Rock, and a couple of black chickens that I don’t recall the name of, and I did purchase one new white layer it was a Bantam, I believe. Plus, I have one blue layer that we call Hawk because she looks like a little hawk. Last 8 I picked up from Attwood’s and Tractor Supply, I think going forward I will stick to a hatchery or let my hens have little ones, again someday. I do love getting fresh eggs daily and sharing them with friends and family. As for other hobbies, I do a little crafting, but I am truly trying to find my passion since retiring, other than the passion I have for my two grandsons. I accidentally stumbled into BYC as I was looking for help and directions within the worldwide web. My chickens have always seemed healthy, but now I have one chick that is not walking, so I hope to gain more knowledge and get help for my little hen, she is a blue layer, and my grandson loves his blue eggs. Also, I hope to become more knowledgeable with the do’s, don’ts, coop secrets, and how to make healthy treats from the masters within the community! I am looking forward to visiting with you, Kittie

Back
Top Bottom