Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

There are several good sources out there, but for a show quality group of birds to breed from you will actually need 2 trios, they are very distinct in male and female lines.. Breeding show males to show females will have a very dissapointing result.

Do you have any contact info for any of these sources?

This is not good.
he.gif

Nope, I expect it will do more harm than good for the club.
I know it was not discussed with memebership but was discussed among the new officers recently elected. There may be something in the quarterly but I doubt it. A lot of good information and contact has been lost with those willing to share real knowledge and experience with teh lovely birds they raise, I know I gained a few good friends there and maintain contact with them regardless of any website.

Do you have any contact info for any of these sources?

Not knowing what your looking for I would direct you to Ken Conway, and David Crots (K&D Bantams) they show together, are very good straight honest men who will provide with what you ask for or what you need and will talk to you after the sale as well. There are many others with Crele but given teh option these two men would be my first pick for a refferal.

It wouldn't have been so bad if I had a notice before it was shut down. I have only a few ppl's names and numbers.

Nope, I expect it will do more harm than good for the club.
I know it was not discussed with memebership but was discussed among the new officers recently elected. There may be something in the quarterly but I doubt it. A lot of good information and contact has been lost with those willing to share real knowledge and experience with teh lovely birds they raise, I know I gained a few good friends there and maintain contact with them regardless of any website.

It wouldn't have been so bad if I had a notice before it was shut down. I have only a few ppl's names and numbers.
I would tend to agree with you there, An opportunity to store some of teh information would have been good too, for many I'm sure. It has shut off contact for many and valuable resources for many more. I guess we will see what really happens with it later in the year.

Well getting ready for teh last spring show of teh year here and will be glad when its over so I can focus more on teh breeder pens and young birds. Almost done hatching cockells for this year, getting ready for the female breeder pens and started a new project that will take some time but well worth the effort I think.

You and " shy guy" have been the most helpful ppl on that website. I really don' t think I could have done it without you guys. I've got my foot in the door and it's up to me now. Our last show is this weekend too. Ready for it to be over. Getting lots of chicks and ready to spend more time with them. Good luck, gena.

You and " shy guy" have been the most helpful ppl on that website. I really don' t think I could have done it without you guys. I've got my foot in the door and it's up to me now. Our last show is this weekend too. Ready for it to be over. Getting lots of chicks and ready to spend more time with them. Good luck, gena.

Are you going to Pryor? Were you at the Great Plains show too?
I am really looking forward to this year, with some of the birds we have been working on and those projects either in intermediate stages or wrapping up has really freed up pen space. I have 1 more pen that is ready to leave which is my Brassy backs then I think this fall the blue wheatons will leave too waiting to see this years columbians first.
I am taking my Birchen back to the Brown Red females again this year the last round really helped a lot. But I am also starting Birchen, Columbian, and Opal Rosecombs which will place me closer to where I think I will land in the few years.

We were at Newcastle. I'm not good at introducing myself. I loved the Opals and Columbians. I'm going this weekend to a benefit show in Rison Ar. Its their first sanction show. I know a lot of the ppl there. I'm taking a BB Red, a pair of silver sebrights and a few blacks. All are the boys. I'm taking 15 total and only coming back with 3. My pens will be empty also. lots of room for all the new chicks that are growing and need the room.

I've got plenty of space just seriously considering getting out of the OE for teh most part, I plan to keep the Columbian and Birchen regardless of anything else, once I have the Opal right I will likely get rid of them too.I just want to get bck to something smaller more managable, and with the boys getting older it's getting easier. I loose birds everytime one decides he is done showing.

Back
Top Bottom