Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Pics
yes there are many, many, many colors my favorite are spangles
38899_100_1425.jpg

38899_100_1412.jpg

38899_100_1443.jpg

austin.ray22 :

Just checked out the OEGB on Ideal.... Are there serious 56 color varieties???? WOW

there are probably closer to 100, but they are not all recognized.​

First post in the OEGB thread! Here's my 4 month old self-blue rooster:

_MG_7650.jpg

_MG_7715.jpg

_MG_7666.jpg

_MG_7717.jpg

When I picked him up at the feed store I had no idea what he was going to grow up to be (I also thought 'he' was going to be a 'she' but oh well). He's got quite an interesting personality - small, feisty, yet he'll still sit on my chest and let me pet him.

ETA: That yellow stuff on his chest is dried food or dirt or something, not the color of his feathers.

Last edited:
Quote:
a mutt

In my understanding a "mutt" is a mixed breed. Both these birds are most definitely OEGB. I didn't intend to breed the two, but it happened, and the hen is broody. I'm letting her set the eggs so I'm just curious as to what I might peeking out from under her in two weeks. Can anyone give me some ideas besides "mutt"?

Quote:
I'll do that as long as the "demon hen" will let me! This little hen was one of the sweetest birds I had before, but now she threatens me with all kinds of ninja stuff when I go into the run to feed, water, etc. My DH calls the noise she makes "the possessed chicken" noise! That's one of the reasons I let her set the clutch ... I just didn't have the heart to take them when she was defending them so valiantly! I missed collecting eggs one night, and that was all it took to trigger her mother instincts. The next day, she had two eggs and was ready to battle Godzilla to keep them, so I even returned the 3 I had collected earlier in the week and she's setting 5 eggs. When I put the 3 back in, I put them at the front of the nest (and got a good peck for my troubles) and she looked absolutely hilarious sidling up to them sideways, one eye on me, growling her invectives at me, then carefully rolling them one at a time to the back of the nest. If she weighted 80 lbs., no pit bull on the planet would stand a chance!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom