Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Wow! Didn't realize my question would promote so much enthusiasm. Typically, when I ask anything on here I quickly get ignored or overlooked. Thank you all for your continuous help, and perhaps in the end we may never know what breed Dixie would be classified as. However, that surprisingly doesn't bother me-it just further sparks my own curiosity. In all reality, it doesn't matter, he's the best rooster we could possibly ask for so we're happy. Thank you all, and I guess we're right back to the drawing board again!! :p

Wow! Didn't realize my question would promote so much enthusiasm. Typically, when I ask anything on here I quickly get ignored or overlooked. Thank you all for your continuous help, and perhaps in the end we may never know what breed Dixie would be classified as. However, that surprisingly doesn't bother me-it just further sparks my own curiosity. In all reality, it doesn't matter, he's the best rooster we could possibly ask for so we're happy. Thank you all, and I guess we're right back to the drawing board again!! :p
first off (as suggested) this is the wrong site for him(i think that was biggest problem-but it's ok as you probably didn't know that) and second anyone who has been around real normal size game chickens knows what he is ....... take him over to facebook under game chickens (or gamefowl) and ask what he is . You will find out in a hurry what he is .

A quick shot of one of my Birchen Breeder males. a bit weak in saddle color but has proven to be a good breeder when bred to he right females. Have a bit of work to do with feather width as well but I think the females he is mated to will help there as well.

Blue breasted red hen 2013

Silver duckwing hen 2013

Blue silver duckwing hen 2013

Quote: even those fowl, bred properly have a sort of standard in breeding. most of what people use "in the sport" are mixes or mutts. once they got a good line going they would name them after themselves. im not a judge, not sure if they have a class in showing - but in all reality they are mutts.

another breed that is this way is ameraucanas. though some are recognized, they are a cross of an american breed and araucana. this creates a huge issue when you try to breed them from 2 different lines. 2 different lines could have completely different parentage, making show breeding between them a near impossibility.

and yet another example, although its hybrid is a golden comet. they can be created with either a rhode island red, or new hampshire red rooster, over a silver gene white rock, deleware, or any corination type coloration.

American Standard Game

Not a Bantam and not a show chicken ......... yet both American Games bantam & Standard American Games come with just about all color legs (always have and always will) .

There is a big difference between American Game, which is a recognized standard breed including leg color (yellow) and pit Game which have no standard and definitely no color standard.

Quote: even those fowl, bred properly have a sort of standard in breeding. most of what people use "in the sport" are mixes or mutts. once they got a good line going they would name them after themselves. im not a judge, not sure if they have a class in showing - but in all reality they are mutts.

another breed that is this way is ameraucanas. though some are recognized, they are a cross of an american breed and araucana. this creates a huge issue when you try to breed them from 2 different lines. 2 different lines could have completely different parentage, making show breeding between them a near impossibility.

and yet another example, although its hybrid is a golden comet. they can be created with either a rhode island red, or new hampshire red rooster, over a silver gene white rock, deleware, or any corination type coloration.

D.gif
caf.gif
¿
jumpy.gif
lau.gif
sickbyc.gif
¿
lau.gif
sickbyc.gif
D.gif

There is a big difference between American Game, which is a recognized standard breed including leg color (yellow) and pit Game which have no standard and definitely no color standard.

funny ......... but i agree in this ,,, it brings to mind a mule pushing a plow

Wouldn't the only pure be the red jungle fowl? And what do you mean by" in the sport"? If you're referring to cockfighting that is not allowed on this forum per BYC rules.

Last edited:
A quick shot of one of my Birchen Breeder males. a bit weak in saddle color but has proven to be a good breeder when bred to he right females. Have a bit of work to do with feather width as well but I think the females he is mated to will help there as well.

man that's one good looking bird !!!
congrats

Back
Top Bottom