Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Pics
Quote:
That is a Serama
smile.png
not an OE

Quote:
What would you call that color? It's so pretty!

He is a cocoapop silver duckwing serama.

My plan for him is x him with a female/male line oe hens to create his color in oe, at the same time keep the short back on the male offspring just in case I need it in my serama project. I was told to use blk oe hens for this project but my only concern is the slate legs color on the offspring; the next color came to my mind is the fawn sport oe hens. Any ways, thank you all for the compliments.

I think that that would be an awsome color for OEGBs. *IF* someone were to get oegbs with that coloring, what would it take to get them reconized by the APA?

Well, I have not thought of get the color recognize by ABA due to time consuming but if I can get them to breed true to the color and type, I can always show them under unrecognize varieties then I will think about the ABA thing. I have seen a guy won best variety at a show with his pumkin hulsey minigamebird. I find life is meaningless with out taking on any challeges.

I will do a test breed with him in a couple months when i get my pure blk oe hen. According to the chicken calculator, I can get his color by X brother to sister in 3rd generation. Hopefully, he does not have a cocktail of color genes in him like most serama do. I am also waiting for a breeder's respond on his genetic make up.

I've got a whole bunch of OEGB chicks in my garage right now! They're five weeks old now, and getting really pretty!
love.gif
Splash, self blue, blue, black, and spangled! If anyone is looking for some nice, pretty OEGB in Northern California, send me a PM! About 2/3 of these peepers are going to be looking for homes soon, once I decide which ones are staying.
smile.png
I've also got a gorgeous porcelain and one that's an unknown, odd color (I'll post pictures sometime), but those two are staying with me.

Unfortunately, I lost all of my OEGBs I got at the Stockton PPBA show other than my one splash hen, Whisper. I'm still so disappointed about that, even though I lost the three of them back in March.
hit.gif
I really loved that spangled cockerel and two pullets (red-brown and red-blue), and I still don't know why they died. All of my other birds are perfectly fine, and these three died very suddenly all at once with no symptoms beforehand. Looked like they just fell asleep.
sad.png
I've never had anything happen like that, in eleven years of chicken raising.

Anyway, keep up the OEGB love everyone! They're certainly a wonderful breed. I love all of mine!

Hey ya'all,
I'm new to the OEGB, but last night at a poultry auction, my DW saw a pair, now we have them. They are crele in color. Then left an egg as a present for us this morning, so hopefully she'll continue to lay a few and go broody.

Any tips on care for this breed and desirable traits would be awesome!

Take care, I post pics later.

Good luck with the crele OEGB. I have been working on mine for a few years now. Maybe someone will give us some tips.

Back
Top Bottom