Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Quote:
I wish you the best of luck, it is a very rough time to try to show with the heat what it is its hard to get them in good condition, and teh summer molt makes it tough too, You may want to isolate them in small pens out of direct sunlight and bath or dip once a week to provide additional moisture for teh feathers so they are not too brittle and the "waxy" coving of the new feathers will come off easier allowing the feather t take better form.
We focused most of our efforts for October-february birds many will carry over to march timing the birds for the shows especially the pullets is a big part of success.

As of now, I have about 5 pullets that will be old enough. I have 2 cock birds that, most likely, won't be thru molting.
sad.png

I know the fair is early, too early, but I really would like to take my son. He really wants to go. Got him signed up in 4H this morning.
I will def. do the dipping. I've been reading the post on dipping on the other forum. I also have a six hole conditioning pen they are about to go in.
Thanks for all the tips and any more are welcome. Gena

Just take your son and have fun!Thats all that really matters anyway.Let us know how you do.Like jarvis said,If you need any help just ask.I won't guarantee I know the answer but I will help if I can.

Dipped all the young birds and the two males that are molting. It was easy and the boy enjoyed helping. Like advised, will do it again. Thanks.
smile.png

I looked through a few birds today.I believe I am going to have to trim another round of them.I wish we could get some relief from this heat first.But they have to be done soon,hot or not.

I did one a few days ago. He's doing good. He was just a cull cockerel, but a good trim job sure makes them look nice.

Back
Top Bottom