Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Hello all,
My son and I are planning on attending Crossroads in October. We are looking to purchase a few SQ birds there. We are open to any varieties of OEGB's. Currently my son owns 3 OEGB hens. A blue, a spangled, and a silver duckwing. He shows 4H and would like to show more open shows. If anyone is planning on being there and we could set up something ahead of time for purchasing I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Hi all,

I have some OEGB BB Red chicks for sale. Handsome SQ parents (pics available). They will be 4 weeks old this Saturday. Looks like I have 6 cockerels, and 1 pullet. PM me if interested.

Pick up or meet up in So Calif. I'm 25 miles north of San Diego, and I'm willing to drive an hour's distance to meet up. Thanks.

0729029.jpg

If you put a black roo over a barred hen would you get black sex-linked chicks? Is it possible to get sex-linked chicks using the same breed of chicken but using the different color varieties or do you always have to cross two different breeds to get the sex-linked? If you can get sex linked chicks within the same breed using different color varieties which colored roos over which colored hens would you use?
Thanks

Quote:
If you are planning on buying birds there I would suggest contacting a few exhibitors ahead of time.If someone has something you want they could bring it with them for you.I think you will get better birds that way instead of just buying from the sale area.

Ok thought I would post pic here to get everyones opinion. I have this one little tiny chick I got in a bantam order from Ideal and I think it might be a Barred OEGB, it is either that or a Barred Rock Bantam, but it is so tiny compared to the other bantams that I have gotten. Also if it is an OEGB does the barring indicate boy/girl like a Barred Rock?
The little chick in question "Ninja"
78308_dscn1952.jpg

Worn out from photo session
tongue.png

78308_dscn1951.jpg

Coffee
smile.png

About 3 months old
281268_10150245274406478_501426477_8047623_4101155_n.jpg

Anyone else have one with a pathetic crow? Or is this just because he is really young and new at it (He just started a couple of weeks ago)

Back
Top Bottom