Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Quote:
I belive that one can breed Red Pyle OEG using nothing but Homozygous Dun if one select for it(can be nearly white), breeding Pyle from Dominant white will fade the red pigment a lot..

That is what happens with many lines of Red Pyle, this actually becomes teh "hen line" then crossing back with BB Red to keep color in males and add salmon breast for teh female back in.

Quote:
that is a bantam RIR. not even OE... But in OE is Blacktailed Red.

I was wondering about that, but have never seen any bantam RIR other than ones in wire cages...

Quote:
I just checked the link

here is the Quote
"Mahogany Old English Bantams have not been admitted to either Standard as of January 2007. They are extremely rare and Ideal Poultry is one of only a few breeders who have them available. The plumage pattern is known as Dark Brown and Dark Brown Leghorns have the same pattern"

they look just like BBR with Mahogany in them...so the name is correct...
hmm.png

A simple cross of Bb red and spangle, selected for non spangled and mahogany in F2 generation. However you can not tell teh difference between them and a dark BB red when you see them.

Quote:
that is a bantam RIR. not even OE... But in OE is Blacktailed Red.

I was wondering about that, but have never seen any bantam RIR other than ones in wire cages...

Body type and my big hang up.. Leg color.. Dead give away. Wrong Body size, width, depth, length of back, tail structure, head structure... Look again.

Thanks for all the help! I had a brief hope that I could use him to get some Spangled OEGBs to go with my lone hen, but I guess not. Oh well, I still have my Quail pair to work with.

Back
Top Bottom