Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Quote:
That must be your tote for taking them to shows, right?

Yes, I get a lot of satisfaction out of "adaptive re-use." My chicken coop for my layers is an antique horsedrawn blacksmith wagon that I converted into a coop. It's not the prettiest, but it is very functional.

Hows everyone!? All my youngsters are due to get dubbed by the end of the month and the pullets are going to a show in november and i'll pick my top two or three and sell the rest. I havn't really sat and looked at them lately but I think i got a really nice Buff Cockerell

Alright, I have pictures to share! I had 2 more eggs from my BBRed hen hatch and I want to see what people think--do they look more like BBRed's should? I think they do.... They are shy.
61794_cimg1327.jpg

61794_cimg1326.jpg

This is a picture of my first chick with his cochin and silkie siblings. I think it is going to be a rooster as his little comb is growing pretty good but of course I don't know that for sure. Any ideas with his colors?
61794_cimg1329.jpg

I still have 2 more eggs in the incubator from this little hen so we will see what else we get next week.

Quote:
Maybe everyone is busy getting ready for winter.
hu.gif
I think you're right that your OEGB chick in the bottom picture is a cockerel. The cockerel in my duo of Quail OEGBs made himself known very early; his comb was bigger than the pullet's, but his color helped, too, as he started feathering in with a lot of gold on his shoulders. I don't really know what color yours is, but it looks similar to how my spangled hen looked as a chick.

Quote:
Maybe everyone is busy getting ready for winter.
hu.gif
I think you're right that your OEGB chick in the bottom picture is a cockerel. The cockerel in my duo of Quail OEGBs made himself known very early; his comb was bigger than the pullet's, but his color helped, too, as he started feathering in with a lot of gold on his shoulders. I don't really know what color yours is, but it looks similar to how my spangled hen looked as a chick.

I am so happy there are still some OEGB people out there!! Thank you for looking and yes, just in the last two days my little chick has gotten even more cockerel looking. I am thinking he is a Wheaten. He is developing the black feathers on his chest now and the wheaten neck feathers. I will have to post another picture. I am pretty excited as I love the BBReds and I think he will be a nice addition around here. These little OEGB chicks develop so fast!

Back
Top Bottom