Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Can someone point me to a copy of the standard? I do not have a book of standards and have had no luck just finding it on the internet.

Quote:
I have 1 cockrell I will give you, just pay shipping, or pick him up.. he is far from a bad bird.. and yet nothing like what you got from ron either. if you are interested give me a call. I have in a test mating pen at the moment to confirm he is fertile,
here is his back ground, he is a result of type improvement using the Rec. Whites, that was 3 generations back. he was one of the back cross results with good color, not real dark but nice and even.
If you are interested I will get you some pics. just let me know.

Can you post some pics please...
tongue.png

here are two different cockrells, I have only set asside 4, one is younger but has much more body, I am trying to decide between these two as to who stays and who goes, either way I will make sure I have fertility tested them before they leave. they have a great deal to offer a breeding program.

Cockrell 1.
30249_sany2038.jpg

Cockrell 2, he has a fold at the front of his comb I do not like an bit more leg than #1.
30249_sany2033.jpg

One of thier sisters, not available.. I have culled down very hard on pullets and only reserved 4 total.
30249_sany2042.jpg

This is thier grand father..
30249_white_cross_result_male.jpg

this is thier mother.
30249_white_cross_result_pullet.jpg

Thier Father
30249_05-04-10_1401.jpg

Quote:
the OE standard is not available via the web. You will need to purchase a copy of either the APA or ABA standard. It will to your advantage to make the purchase anyway as the color standards are likey more inportant when breeding and culling, the type stays the same regardless of variety, but no one can keep up with all the colors.

Quote:
I am not aware of anyone with exceptional quality Self Blue in your area. there are some in kentucky, and south Carolina.

Do you mind telling who in South Carolina has them?
smile.png

Jeff Simpson, shows under simpson and Howell.

Back
Top Bottom