Welcome to BYC! Not going to lie, I read your name as Kimburly for a moment and I was like, that's a cool name don't think I've ever heard that one before but I guess you're really strong! And then I read the post again and it made a lot more sense.
Do you have a favorite controversial topic/genre? :D Or you just like to research in general for your own sake?
I mostly research for my own sake. It started because I don't respond well to modern medical practices, and I ended up trying to expand my knowledge to better care for myself. Unfortunately, most people are not open to receiving new knowledge- especially if they have a strong opinion on a subject. To be fair, I have my own strong opinions (based on my research of course), but i try to be open to receiving new information, even if it wont change my mind. I think hearing others out and trying to understand their view point can go along way, even if we don't agree. Some of my favorite topics include abortion, vaccines, general pharmaceuticals, crime and gun statistic, general history (so much of what is taught in high school is way off! not even necessarily biased, just inaccurate!).

When I was in high school, my nickname was "Berly" pronounced Burly; I also did serve in the Marine Corps. Not far off! lol

I mostly research for my own sake. It started because I don't respond well to modern medical practices, and I ended up trying to expand my knowledge to better care for myself. Unfortunately, most people are not open to receiving new knowledge- especially if they have a strong opinion on a subject. To be fair, I have my own strong opinions (based on my research of course), but i try to be open to receiving new information, even if it wont change my mind. I think hearing others out and trying to understand their view point can go along way, even if we don't agree. Some of my favorite topics include abortion, vaccines, general pharmaceuticals, crime and gun statistic, general history (so much of what is taught in high school is way off! not even necessarily biased, just inaccurate!).

When I was in high school, my nickname was "Berly" pronounced Burly; I also did serve in the Marine Corps. Not far off! lol
History! Oh my goodness general knowledge about basic history is such a terrible mess! XD My favorite non-historical "fact" is "tight-lacing corsets and fainting all over the place is the norm in the Victorian era". People get really upset when you tell them corsets were essentially just bras with more support. And a whole lot madder when you try and tell them about racism and the like in history, or that Tiffany was a common name in the medieval era. I read a lot for fun, but I'm also open to hearing different views. Will admit I'm very biased myself on a few points.
Wow, that's hilarious. I had no idea my subconscious was that accurate at picking up fine details! XD Also, Marine Corps: WOW much respect. O.O

Hello, welcome to BYC! So glad you joined us. Good luck! :frow :welcome

Hi there! I am planning to get only female chickens ( I am not allowed to have roosters where I am), I am also planning mostly females for the ducks, but would be open to one male -as I know too many males could lead to aggressive behaviors (for both ducks and chicks). I also have 3 plans in place in the event that I have too many male ducks (or the unlikely case of a misgendered bird for either species).
I would order all females, because there's still that chance of a male. I got 7 female chicks a a couple years ago, and 2 ended up being males. So I would order all females and just expect there to possibly be a male.

History! Oh my goodness general knowledge about basic history is such a terrible mess! XD My favorite non-historical "fact" is "tight-lacing corsets and fainting all over the place is the norm in the Victorian era". People get really upset when you tell them corsets were essentially just bras with more support. And a whole lot madder when you try and tell them about racism and the like in history, or that Tiffany was a common name in the medieval era. I read a lot for fun, but I'm also open to hearing different views. Will admit I'm very biased myself on a few points.
Wow, that's hilarious. I had no idea my subconscious was that accurate at picking up fine details! XD Also, Marine Corps: WOW much respect. O.O
I see you and I are going to be friends! 🤣 Its funny how little women know about women's history. Women have been working (even in science fields) long before 1950. Was it common? No, but it definitely wasn't unheard of. everyone is biased-lol

I see you and I are going to be friends! 🤣 Its funny how little women know about women's history. Women have been working (even in science fields) long before 1950. Was it common? No, but it definitely wasn't unheard of. everyone is biased-lol
Absolutely. XD
Ooh, another favorite historical fact! Columbus did not discover America first. The Chinese beat him a very long time before he ever sailed with ships that outclassed his to the extreme, making them look like a yacht compared to a small cruise ship.

Back
Top Bottom