Hello everyone

nana chicken

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 31, 2013
Sabine Parish
Hello and greetings from Louisiana. I recently "acquired" 2 black hens and two roosters because they kept coming down to my house and my neighbor said he didn't want them anymore. They had already decimated my winter garden,so I came to the conclusion that I had to fence the chickens or fence the garden. The chickens were much easier ;)

I really liked these 4 and decided I would get a few more. Made a 5 hour round trip to see some chickens and came home with 2 americauna, one delaware, one polish and a trio of silkie youngsters. I also took 2 of his RIR because I felt horribly sorry for how they were being kept. Everyone is doing quite well.

I am a mother to three, grandmother to 9 and live alone. Full time M-F job and a home business building and maintaining websites keeps me pretty busy. I love to garden as well and am really looking forward to spring!

I hope to learn much from everyone here.

Thanks for reading!

Greetings from Kansas, nana chicken, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you in our community! Sounds like you are one busy lady! Great job on taking on those neighbor's chickens. Best of luck and have fun!

I am a mother to three, grandmother to 9 and live alone. Full time M-F job and a home business building and maintaining websites keeps me pretty busy. I love to garden as well and am really looking forward to spring!
Reminds me of what my mother used to say- if you need to get something done, ask a busy woman to do it.

celebrate.gif

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

Back
Top Bottom