Hello from Alabama!

Hi Denise, Welcome to BYC. I'm just down the highway from you, I live in Woodville. Maybe someday our paths will cross. There is another very nice BYCer that lives in Scottsboro. Talk to you soon.

Tammy

welcome-byc.gif
from NM!

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! Tammy--so you know someone in Scottsboro with chickens? That's good news....I just put in an email to the city to make sure its ok to have some here. I'm a little nervous about starting--not sure how much work this is going to be.
wink.png
Also I have 7 cats outside plus more that are always showing up. I don't think I'll have a problem with grown chickens and cats--do any of you have a problem? I love my kitties, so they come first.....lol! Have rescued MANY kitties and most end up staying here! I don't plan to hatch any chicks, so maybe it will work out. I already wanted some chickens for eggs anyway and this year we've started to have a problem with those little bitty ticks....and mosquitoes are bad here too. Then I saw in Mother Earth News that they eat Black widows (we've seen a few of those too)...so then I knew I needed some chickens! ha!

Denise

Did you ever find out if it is ok to have chickens in Scottsboro? I just moved to the area last summer and want to have some chickens myself. But haven't found any information. I have also emailed the city to find out and am waiting on reply.

Thanks

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom