Hello from Burlington Ontario Canada!!

thumbsup.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif
clap.gif
ya.gif
Welcome!

Welcome from northern BC. The BYC site is the place to be if you want to learn about chickens.

Hi there Calvin,

Did you ever find out what the Burlington, Ontario regulations were for keeping hens? We're interested too.

Many thanks,

Lisa O - Burlington, Ont

Hi dude,
I am in hamilton, and I am certain that keeping BYCing is not allowed in burlington. that aside, I am offering free chickens for the backyard to anyone in the are who wants them, so drop me a line and I will hook you up, blunder and learn by trial and error cuz I will always give you new ones if you fail. hop to hear from you, Graham.

I am in Burington ON Canada as well.
I live near Appleby/Dundas in 'the orchard'

Last year, my wife and I looked into chickens.

2 competing conclusions

1) we called and it is illegal right now to have chickens in burlington (although 2 towns east, in mississauga, you are allowed 2 hens, no roosters)
-we think that someone just needs to bring the issue to the city and with some support we can change that law. If you want to chat about talking with the city and trying to pass a law, let me know and we can work together. it will be fun.

2) if you have nice neighbours, you should be fine... talk to them, tell them you want chickens and that their kids can come and see them and learn, and that if there is too much mess, noise, stink, they can come and tell you right away... good neighbours will think this is a great idea (mine do...)

hope that helps!

I am also from Burlington, ontario and was hoping to have chickens. I wish someone would try and change this by-law. I went to a meeting last summer on backyard chickens at a cafe on brant street and around 10 people showed up wanting to have backyard chickens. One person already had a coop in backyard with 10 hens and showed us pictures of his setup. Said nabours love the fresh eggs. He gets so many he gives them away.

Back
Top Bottom