Hello from Costa Rica

Quote:
I live in the province of Cartago but I have a couple rain forest properties near the Pacific coast.

welcome-byc.gif
and hola from Down Underish

Hi All,

I just joined the forum today. I'm originally from Chicago, but I have been living in Costa Rica for about five years now.

I have a couple properties here in Costa Rica and I'm just getting started breeding and raising chickens, pheasants and quail and I plan to expand my project to include turkeys and peafowl as well. My favorite breeds of chickens are Polishes and Silkies and I'm getting interested in several other breeds. The problem I'm having is finding pure-breds. Most people in Costa Rica are not interested in preserving the different breeds and so it's hard to find anything that is pure here. With the bird flu scare, it's impossible to import anything from the US or elsewhere here now as well. I'd love to locate other BYC members in Costa Rica or nearby Panama or Nicaragua to see if they're having success finding pure breeds.

Drop me a line to say Hi....I'd love to hear from anyone and everyone! Hablo Ingles y Espanol.

Pura Vida,
Mike

hey Mike ,goo0d to see you here,are you still in CR ?

welcome-byc.gif
And say hello to my family. lol. Just joking. I was actually born in Costa Rica, most of my mother's family still lives there. Hope you love it there. I want to go visit my family so bad. I haven't been down there since I was 7 and I'm 22! 15 years is way too long. Hope you have luck finding other chicken fanciers near you!

Back
Top Bottom