Hello from East TN

Pokesallet

Hatching
9 Years
Sep 12, 2010
Hello Ive been raising road island reds for about 2 years now and find it a fulfilling hobby. We have had very good luck with them laying and now im interested in hatching their eggs. I found some plans for a homemade incubator on google at this site and decided to join up so I could ask for any advise. The only problem Ive had so far is the thermostat. The one Ive got cuts off when it should but doesnt cut back on until the temp has dropped to about 93 degrees. Is my thermostat just not sensitive enough or is there something else I could be doing wrong.

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from Ohio. First it would help to know your setup. They could be too far apart from one another. You can look at my BYC page and check out my home made bator, maybe it will help.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I checked yours out and my is pretty much the same. Im using a standard size light bulb 25watt and my cooler may be a tad bit smaller but other than that its the same as far as I can tell. I havent put the fan in yet cause I want to get the temp to stay at least close to the desired range before I do.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom