Hello from Florida

simpleplan3122

In the Brooder
Jun 13, 2016
Florida
Hello from Florida! I started off with 6 pullets from a farming center. For the most part all went well. We got 6 more from a friend. We were told they're were 3 & 4 months old. Unfortunately coons ended up getting 10 of our 12 and we built a better coop. I just a bough 4 more pullets. These are babies like the first 6. Can't wait to see them grow.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! I'm sorry to hear you lost so many to an attack. It sure is devastating to lose your birds. Congrats on your new babies :clap I hope they settle in well with you. What breed/s are they?

Wishing you the very best of luck for the future. Be sure to ask any questions, everyone here to help you along the way.

Enjoy your time here in BYC :frow

frow.gif
Predators can really take advantage of a poorly constructed coop.

Welcome! I hear ya on the coons. I have to get up and check on my birds every so often at night. I leave my heat lamps on in the summer partially to try and discourage the coons with the light. I am working on a better pen for mine as well.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! I'm sorry to hear you lost so many to an attack. It sure is devastating to lose your birds. Congrats on your new babies :clap I hope they settle in well with you. What breed/s are they?

Wishing you the very best of luck for the future. Be sure to ask any questions, everyone here to help you along the way.

Enjoy your time here in BYC :frow
Thank you. Our two older ones that made it are silver laced and then my babies are barred rock and Americanas. Although reading some posts I've read that they aren't true Americanas.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Oh I am so sorry for your losses! Yes, your coop needs to be built like fort knox. If you feel safe sleeping in there at night, then it is built well enough. I always say, build, rebuild and over build. It is impossible to go over board when protecting your birds.

Enjoy all your adventures with your remaining flock and any new birds! We do welcome you to our flock! :)

Back
Top Bottom