Hello from Japan!

gilokee

Chirping
Jun 18, 2023
Hey there! My name's Jenna and I've been raising chickens since I lived in Tacoma WA a couple years ago. I've sinced moved to Japan (my ex still has my old flock), and I've started raising chicks here too. :D
They're finally big enough to go outside so I've rigged up part of my shed for them to live in. It's kind of janky so far but I'm still working on it!
20230617_092940.jpg

Happy girls!

20230615_102206.jpg

My goofy run that I'm still working on (and my garden!)

Bonus pic of a chicken from my old flock, Borb:
20220406_115458.jpg

SO ROUND.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here! Anyone else doing this from Japan?

Hey there! My name's Jenna and I've been raising chickens since I lived in Tacoma WA a couple years ago. I've sinced moved to Japan (my ex still has my old flock), and I've started raising chicks here too. :D
They're finally big enough to go outside so I've rigged up part of my shed for them to live in. It's kind of janky so far but I'm still working on it!View attachment 3547390
Happy girls!

View attachment 3547391
My goofy run that I'm still working on (and my garden!)

Bonus pic of a chicken from my old flock, Borb:
View attachment 3547392
SO ROUND.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here! Anyone else doing this from Japan?
No wonder they are happy with all the greenery they have for snacking. :)

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow

Beautiful photos, 💗 thanks for sharing! I just looked in our Where are You state and country threads and there is not a thread in Japan! So I do believe you may be the first!

Make yourself at home here and welcome to our community!

Thank you! Oh dang, first! I am in a very unusual situation here where my husband and I are both American living full time in Japan lol. He's a blacksmith's apprentice so he is here on a cultural visa and we plan to never leave. I already have these chickens, 3 parrots, and 2 dogs haha. The neighbors call it the city's petting zoo!

Back
Top Bottom