Hello from Kansas

Dancing

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 5, 2009
Prescott, KS
Hi everyone. My name is Dancing (well, my birth cert says Teresa but my apache grandmother named me DancingWater). I live in SE Kansas on 80 acres with my wonderful and indulgent husband. We moved here 3 1/2 years ago and it just has not felt like a farm until recently...had to have CHICKENS!

I have 3 horses of my own and am boarding a horse and a mule, 6 dogs and one stray that needs a home, 1 moluccan cockatoo (who is VERY loud!), 1 cockatiel and currently about 30 sugar gliders.

Growing up, my Grandma had 100 acres in East Texas where I spent almost every summer with most of my cousins. It was a freedom being able to roam those acres without fear of traffic and thugs and what I want for my grand kids. When the opportunity arose for us to buy this place, I jumped on it. I currently have 5 grandkids with one more due in Sept.

I'm hoping to give my grandkids some life experiences beyond Xbox and computers. I hope to make the chickens part of their summer "chores" to help them learn responsibility and compassion.

Sorry, I tend to ramble too.

frow.gif

From California
let me be the first to welcome you
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom