Hello from Louisiana

LaPoulet

Songster
Feb 22, 2016
SE Louisiana
Hello. I am new to the site and will be getting baby chicks soon. I have had chickens in the past so I am excited to be able to get them again. I have a small incubator in the closet that I have never used. Maybe this is the year to get it out and use it :) I look forward to learning from y'all and appreciate all that this site offers to us chicken lovers.

Hi and welcome to BYC - great to have you join us. I'm sure chicken maths got you in the past, and it will again, so it might be useful to check out your state thread (type your state in the search box) and get to know other members in your area that might be able to help point you in the right direction for fertile eggs - to leave that incubator unused would be a crime!!
big_smile.png

All the best with your new chicks.

CT

Thank you. I am in the process of finding other Louisiana people here although I will be very small scale as I have limited space, right under one acre now but I will definitely check into that. Thanks again for the welcome.

You are most welcome but gosh, almost an acre would be chicken heaven for me! Still got loads of room to accommodate chicken maths for a while!
thumbsup.gif

Good luck

CT

Thank you.  I am in the process of finding other Louisiana people here although I will be very small scale as I have limited space, right under one acre now but I will definitely check into that.  Thanks again for the welcome.

:welcome ! You sure did find us and were glad to have you! Theres people on the LAyers thread from north to south and east to west, all good people who will be more than willing to help you. What breed do you most want?

You have twice as much land as i do and i have 30 adult birds :lau

welcome-byc.gif
! You sure did find us and were glad to have you! Theres people on the LAyers thread from north to south and east to west, all good people who will be more than willing to help you. What breed do you most want?

You have twice as much land as i do and i have 30 adult birds
lau.gif

I like Buff Orpingtons, Lavender Orps, Coronation Sussex. Well actually I like all nice breeds.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom