Hello from Martinez

dallenk

Chirping
9 Years
Feb 26, 2015
Hi. I have been raising chickens in my backyard for 40 years. We have a small flock, just enough to get eggs for our family. This past summer, I rebuilt and expanded my chicken coop and the run, so I can have a few more chickens. In the new run, the chickens are turning all the kitchen wet goods into excellent mulch for my garden. I'm looking forward to sharing ideas with everyone.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Pretty avatar! Is that your flock?

Sounds like you have been bitten by the chicken addiction bug! Always wanting more chickens!

Enjoy your flock and welcome to ours!

That flock is a group of free range chickens on the Isle of Iona in Scotland. Earlier in the day, we had seen the woman who owned them walking down her sidewalk with a line of chickens following behind her. I couldn't get my camera focused fast enough, so I took a picture of them in the pasture. It's my wallpaper on my computer. I love the serenity of the scene.

That flock is a group of free range chickens on the Isle of Iona in Scotland. Earlier in the day, we had seen the woman who owned them walking down her sidewalk with a line of chickens following behind her. I couldn't get my camera focused fast enough, so I took a picture of them in the pasture. It's my wallpaper on my computer. I love the serenity of the scene.

Awww! I bet that was a wonderful sight!!

Welcome!
welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined our BYC "flock".

What breeds of chickens do you have?
smile.png

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom