Hello from Minnesota!

EggsnQuackers

In the Brooder
7 Years
Dec 12, 2012
NW Minnesota
Hi everyone,
I've been lurking here for almost a year now...figured it's time to say "Hi".
We live in northwestern Minnesota about an hour south of the Canadian Border and only a few miles from the North Dakota border.
We have 7 ducks, 3 Silver Appleyards and 4 White Appleyards. And 12 chickens, 4 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Welsummers, and 6 Red sex-links of some type. We got the chickens in March and the ducks in June. This is our first year keeping birds over the winter but not our first year with birds. This is our third flock of ducks and second flock of chickens (the previous flocks all migrated to "freezer camp").
We're hoping to establish breeding flocks of Silver Appleyards, Welsummers, and Orpingtons
We started building a chicken coop this summer, it still needs some finishing touches but it's been functional for a few months now.
In addition to the birds we have 6 cats (4 outside, 2 inside), 2 dogs (a min pin and a boxer), and a horse.
I've been learning a lot from this site and it's been a "go-to" for me when questions arise. Thanks for the great resource.

Hello from Kansas, EggsnQuakers, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Happy you joined our flock! Best of luck to you and your poultry - stay warm!!

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

Back
Top Bottom