Hello from Northern New York

squirt26

Hatching
Apr 11, 2016
Northern New York
Hello everyone :)
I am from Northern New York and started with chickens and a few ducks last spring. After a ton of research and lurking on the BYC site, I bought eight chickens and three ducks (sadly, the two female ducks "ran away"). And not long after, I rescued a chicken (I thought from loneliness but turned out to be from an inattentive owner who let a case of Scaly Leg Mites get way out of hand). Eleanor quickly became my favorite and the mother hen, lol, once she was fully recovered.
I caught the bug again this spring and walked out of Tractor Supply with five friends for Squirt (my lone duck) and decided to try some Bantams. My little sister also talked me into buying a little incubator so she could hatch some eggs, I fear the three that hatched are all cockerels though.
So chicken math has caught up with me (with a little help from several zealous children) and I figured it was time to join the community I had been siphoning information out of for so long. So that's me, with six ducks, 22 chickens (soon to be a few less once the chicks are old enough to know the males for certain :( ), and a laundry list of reasons this is a good idea for the family.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! Oh wow it seems you have caught the bug!! That's quite a flock you have now. How nice of you to take in Eleanor in and get her well agian. I'm sure she really appreciated this.

Wishing you the very best of luck in the future. Be sure to ask any questions, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

welcome-byc.gif

Hi and welcome to BYC - glad to have you join us. Chicken maths is probably the most fun, chronic condition to endure, so sit back and make yourself at home. Nobody will ever tell you you have too many chickens on this site!
smile.png

All the best
CT

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome
big_smile.png
It has definitely been a learning experience so far but worth every mini heart attack and rushed search just to find out there was no cause for concern. CTKen, if only my family had the same view, but they never complain about the fresh eggs!

Hi there. I wanted to stop by and chat a bit. I used to live in Glens Falls, where are you located?? Kinda miss the country up there, but not the snow. I don't think I bounce any more.........lol Still have a cousin that lives there, I talk to her now and then, but she still works. I'm retired the last 3 years, been a widow since 2006. I'm real new at this, don't even have any chickens, but thought this would be a good place to start. I hope to learn a lot from a lot of folks and looking forward to meeting a lot too. Take care and holler back.

The Yankee

Back
Top Bottom