Hello from Northern Snowy State! :) Maine small farm on 10 acre forested land. Thanks for having this site as a source of education + community

Butterflywillow

In the Brooder
Apr 3, 2023
1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

2 years in and loving every minute!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

We have 21 Hens, 1 Roo, and 18 baby chicks just hatched!

(3) What breeds do you have?

We have a wonderful flock of EE

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Getting to spend time with the chickens has proven SO educational, entertaining, and the best pest control for living in the woods :) We are amazed at how intelligent chickens are and so much personality!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

We sell eggs to local farm stands, raise baby chicks for other farms, are planning our greenhouse and prepping more property for future small farm ventures. Living on 10 acres of northern state woods with harsh winters gives us a small growing window so we are ever researching what to make work.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

“Retired” teacher living with love of my life on 10 acre forested land, building our dream of small farm (nothing TOO big to get away from us or overwhelm us). Looking to use my teaching skills for an extra source of income with outreach/online programs (still developing). We love hiking, photography, crafter, woodworking, beach combing, and truly enjoying living off the land and SIMPLE, quiet lifestyle.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

After stumbling on here a few times researching answers, and finding such great advice from great people I decided to join! What a blessing for this community! Thanks and look forward to swapping ideas, advice and learning

1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

2 years in and loving every minute!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

We have 21 Hens, 1 Roo, and 18 baby chicks just hatched!

(3) What breeds do you have?

We have a wonderful flock of EE

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Getting to spend time with the chickens has proven SO educational, entertaining, and the best pest control for living in the woods :) We are amazed at how intelligent chickens are and so much personality!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

We sell eggs to local farm stands, raise baby chicks for other farms, are planning our greenhouse and prepping more property for future small farm ventures. Living on 10 acres of northern state woods with harsh winters gives us a small growing window so we are ever researching what to make work.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

“Retired” teacher living with love of my life on 10 acre forested land, building our dream of small farm (nothing TOO big to get away from us or overwhelm us). Looking to use my teaching skills for an extra source of income with outreach/online programs (still developing). We love hiking, photography, crafter, woodworking, beach combing, and truly enjoying living off the land and SIMPLE, quiet lifestyle.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

After stumbling on here a few times researching answers, and finding such great advice from great people I decided to join! What a blessing for this community! Thanks and look forward to swapping ideas, advice and learning
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom