Hello From NY!

jvanett13

In the Brooder
May 18, 2023
Central New York
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I am a first time chicken owner with 6 chicks who are about 5 weeks old.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 6!

(3) What breeds do you have? There were 3 breeds listed on the bin at Tractor Supply when I got my chicks but they didn't really know which chicks were which breed. Three are definitely americana but the other three are hard to tell between orphingtons or golden comets.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? I have always loved animals so I am excited for our relationship to continue to grow, i am also excited to teach my two sons (2 & 4 years old) about responsibility and taking care of something and of course I am excited for the fresh eggs.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I enjoy being outdoors and spending time with my family.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I live in small town in central NY with my husband, our two boys who are 4 &2 and our 3 dogs plus 2 cats. I was previously a teacher but took time off to raise our boys until they are both school aged.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I am a first time chicken owner with 6 chicks who are about 5 weeks old.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 6!

(3) What breeds do you have? There were 3 breeds listed on the bin at Tractor Supply when I got my chicks but they didn't really know which chicks were which breed. Three are definitely americana but the other three are hard to tell between orphingtons or golden comets.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? I have always loved animals so I am excited for our relationship to continue to grow, i am also excited to teach my two sons (2 & 4 years old) about responsibility and taking care of something and of course I am excited for the fresh eggs.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I enjoy being outdoors and spending time with my family.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I live in small town in central NY with my husband, our two boys who are 4 &2 and our 3 dogs plus 2 cats. I was previously a teacher but took time off to raise our boys until they are both school aged.
Welcome to BYC it’s so nice to meet you! Perhaps we can help you decipher the breeds if you post some pictures. 😀 I think one of the forms is called : what breed is this?

Back
Top Bottom