Hello from Ohio

farmgirlanna

Hatching
Nov 5, 2015
Just wanted to say hello. We live in Ohio and have kept chickens before, but now my 9 year old daughter is in charge :) We have about 30 Light Brahmas chickens that we started around the Fourth of July. Waiting for our first eggs :)

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Congrats on your brahmas! I hope you and your daughter are enjoying them. From the looks of your avatar, they are very pretty!

Have you checked out our learning center yet? TONS of helpful info there worth looking into.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

And of course feel free to ask any questions. We are happy to help.
smile.png

We look froward to chatting more with you here on BYC.
big_smile.png

Thank you! I'm actually trying to identify my avatar, as that was the mystery chicken from McMurrays. It's different than our Brahmas. I did post on the identify this breed thread, but if you know what it is, please do tell :)

Thank you! I'm actually trying to identify my avatar, as that was the mystery chicken from McMurrays. It's different than our Brahmas. I did post on the identify this breed thread, but if you know what it is, please do tell :)

You're welcome. :)

I'm not very good at guessing breeds but from the looks of it, that bird looks to be a splash brahma. Again, don't quote me on it.
wink.png

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. The first breed I ever had were Light Brahmas (50 years ago), and they were gentle giants. The bird in your avatar looks to me like it has a single comb rather than the pea comb of a Brahma, so I'm thinking it's a Splash Cochin. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.6

welcome-byc.gif

Raising poultry is a wonderful family hobby. Good luck on getting those eggs soon!

Back
Top Bottom