Hello from SC

mommato3girls

In the Brooder
Aug 19, 2015
Hi. My name is Michelle L and I live in Cope, SC. I am very excited that I have moved back home to a rural town in SC and can start small backyard farm. I want to start with about 6 egg-laying chickens. I have 3 little girls (8, 5, 2) that are ready for to help in the hen house. My oldest has already decided that she wants to name her "favorite" Marcy. My husband is a city boy that is willing to do this for me and the girls.
wink.png

This weekend my husband and I building our first coop!!! I am so very excited!!!!
wee.gif

I can't wait to have some sweet chicks to love on and watch grow!!!!!

Some background information about me:
Hobbies: Girl Scouting, Outdoors, Reading, And now researching raising chickens.

ya.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Oh,I am also a DIE HARD CLEMSON FAN!!!! Go Tigers!!!!!

Similar situation here!

We jus moved out here in Eastern NC on 2 acres and I am wanting a more self sustaining lifestyle. Livestock, garden, you name it! Best of luck to you!

We are going to do a large garden next summer and we are looking to get a couple of goats at some point in time. I am having to much fun!

Hi Michelle, very nice to meet you.
frow.gif
Glad you joined the Backyard chickens flock. The best place to start a chicken education is the Learning Center.

Awesome!! Sounds like a good plan o me. I do not know much about goats either but had a few when I was pretty young. They ended up getting thru a small hole in the fence and getting hit by a train while running down the tracks! All they had to do was step to one side or the other.....not the smartest animals so beware. Hope you have a better experience that I did.

Welcome to BYC, Michelle. Glad you decided to join our flock. X2 on drumstick diva; if you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is loads of useful information there. Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. Our children and granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loved our chickens and made lap pets of the calmer and more gentle breeds. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting your flock.

Welcome to BYC, Michelle! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

6 layers is a good size flock! Good luck to you! Definitely check out our learning center. Glad you joined us!

Back
Top Bottom