Hello from So Cal

jenita clark

In the Brooder
Nov 5, 2023
1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We’ve had chickens in our Southern CA backyard since 2014.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I currently have 3 young hens. The last batch (6 years old), were killed by coyotes last spring. I built a fully enclosed run for these newbies, which is safer, but now they don’t have free run of my yard, which is sad.
(3) What breeds do you have?
We’ve had Rhode Island Red, Barred Rock, Buff Orpington, Americauna, Silkie, Welsummer, French Maran
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
fresh eggs, eating spiders and keeping a handle on yard weeds, their cooing noises!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Hiking, swimming, crafts
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I’m an educator with 2 kids, and 2 cats

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I’ve been reading the forums for ideas, for years! I finally had my own question, so joined.

1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We’ve had chickens in our Southern CA backyard since 2014.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I currently have 3 young hens. The last batch (6 years old), were killed by coyotes last spring. I built a fully enclosed run for these newbies, which is safer, but now they don’t have free run of my yard, which is sad.
(3) What breeds do you have?
We’ve had Rhode Island Red, Barred Rock, Buff Orpington, Americauna, Silkie, Welsummer, French Maran
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
fresh eggs, eating spiders and keeping a handle on yard weeds, their cooing noises!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Hiking, swimming, crafts
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I’m an educator with 2 kids, and 2 cats

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I’ve been reading the forums for ideas, for years! I finally had my own question, so joined.
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom