Hello from Somerset UK.

Chickarito

Hatching
5 Years
Jun 13, 2014
Hello all,

I've decided after months of research and preparing to get some chickens tomorrow! I thought I'd register on here :)

I've got the house and run made, they've got a big section of my garden and an apple tree.

Where abouts in Somerset, mainly Yeovil area, is best to buy my POL pullets? Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers, Rick.

Welcome to BYC! Since I don't live in the UK, I can't help you with the best place in your area to buy POL pullets, but hopefully some member can. Good luck in your search.

images

Welcome to BYC!

So glad you could join our community!

You might want to chat with your chicken neighbors in the UK thread for help with locating some chickens...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/74004/england-uk

Enjoy this new journey you are on and welcome to our flock!

Cheers all. I got my chickens today!! I went to a place called Dobles Poultry in Yeovil. I got a Blue Maran, Columbian Blacktail and a Golden Rhodebar. Dobles poultry is really friendly place to go, £13 each for any breed and we took on loads of free advice from the lady that was on the farm and all her chickens were well looked after and happy in huge run/barn. I recommend them to anyone in the Somerset area!

Congratulations! I've heard that the Columbian Blacktails are great layers and I've seen photos of the Golden Rhodebars (gorgeous birds). I've never had the Blue Marans (another gorgeous bird), but I have had the Cukoo Marans and you will like the chocolate colored eggs your Maran lays.

The blacktail is the quietest of the bunch! The Golden Rhodebar is a fantastic looker and really friendly, also the leader of the pack already. Sits at my feet when I go in and likes to be picked up. Really pleased with how it's going!!

Back
Top Bottom