Hello from South Carolina

CollieFeathers

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 11, 2016
Clemson, SC
Hi, My name is Meg and I love chickens. When I lived in a subdivision, I had 2 or 3 Rhode Island Reds that lived in a cage in the garage and got to go outside in a dog pen during the day.

The local feed and seed store that sold chickens in pairs would give me eggs from the cages and I'd incubate them and get chicks.

Now I live where chickens are allowed and have hatched out 3 Barnevelder hens, 1 rooster and am incubating 12 Silver Laced Wyandotte eggs right now. Due to hatch this Wednesday. I'll keep you posted on the results.

I have one big coop and run for the Barnevelders and have hand built an "A" frame coop out of shipping crates for the Wyandottes.
Will post the "A" frame coop soon.

Love this site.

Meg

Hi :welcome Meg

Glad you could join the flock! What a lovely looking coop you have there! I especially like the roo on the door :D
We have a coop contest running right now that could enter. Here is the link ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-and-run-page-contest-winter-spring-2016/0_30
How to create a coop page and how to enter are all in the first post of the thread. If the add a coop button is not there you may just need a few more piste before it becomes available.

Wishing you the very best of luck with your hatch, hope it's fantastic. Enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

Hi CollieFeather; Glad you joined us at BYC. You are a lot further along the learning curve than I am. This is my first flock. I am making do with a converted shed for a coop, while I figure out if Project Chicken in a good fit for the family. I surely do like your coop, it looks like an awesome set up. Thx for sharing.

I don't have the permissions to post the "A" frame coop yet.

As soon as I do, I'll post the whole process with photos and sketched plans. It is waiting in the garage to be taken up the hill to join the other coop.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Wow, gorgeous digs for your chickens! Beautiful birds too!

Enjoy your wonderful flock and welcome to ours! :)

Back
Top Bottom