Hello from Southern California!

Body Thief

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 1, 2012
Hello,

My name is Jessica. I have been raising chickens for about 10 years now. :p

I currently have Single comb brown leghorn mixes, easter eggers, black australorps, Red and Black Stars, Cuckoo Marans, Cochins, Rhode Island Reds and plenty of other mixes.

I also have a Spanish Black tom and two Royal Palm hens.

I'm looking forward to being a part of this community :p

WelcometoBYC.gif

Thanks everyone! Here are some pics of the gals!

Here is one of my gobblers

these are my newest children...I call them LEEDLE POOFS(little poofs haha)

This is what they currently look like as of today, there's 4 red stars( they were suppose to be buff orpingtons), 2 black stars, 1 Easter Egger, 1 barred rock, and 3 leghorn mixes

Here is Cherry and Cheekless

Cheekless

Eddie

Eddie and Gizmo (donkey and goat) :p

Cheeks is in the middle haha I'm sure plenty of other people have that same name for their EE

All these poofs were abandoned by mom and this little reject rooster adopted them, they all made it too :)

OUR LEGHORNS ACTUALLY CAME FROM SOME NEIGHBORS DOWN THE ROAD, THE WIFE WAS GOING IN THEIR COOP AND PICKING ONE EVERY SO OFTEN TO COOK, CALL ME CRAZY BUT I THINK THEY CAUGHT WIND AND SAW THAT THE GRASS WAS GREENER ON OUR SIDE OF THE FIELD AND ONE BY ONE THEY ALL MADE THEIR WAY OVER AND STARTED ROOSTING IN OUR PEPPER TREES AND EATING WITH OUR CHICKENS AND NOW 8 YEARS LATER AND MANY GENERATIONS WE STILL HAVE WILD LEGHORNS RUNNING AROUND OUR FRONT YARD AND STREET, SOME STAY IN THE BACKYARD WITH OUR HEAVY BREEDS BUT MOST JUST HANG OUT ALL AROUND. EVERY NOW AND THEN THE COONS AND POSSUMS WILL PULL THE MOMS OFF THE NEST AND TRY TO EAT THE BABIES AND I HAVE TO RESCUE THEM AND RAISE THEM UP MYSELF IF THE MOMS DON'T MAKE IT, IF THEY DO I JUST PUT EVERYONE IN ONE OF MY CHICK RUNS UNTIL THEY ARE BIG ENOUGH TO GET UP IN THE TREES WITH MOM :p

Back
Top Bottom