Hello from Southern NJ

snjchick

Hatching
7 Years
Mar 30, 2012
Good Day,
I am new here, though I have been viewing the site for some time gathering info. I live in southern NJ (Mantua) and I am interested in having 2-3 hens in my backyard for myself and my three children to enjoy.

I feel that chickens would be great pets, educational to my children, help with the slug and tick issues we face in the yard and also provide eggs for my family. Unfortunately, I have not gotten any further than the research point as I am having issues with understanding my town's laws on this matter.
he.gif

I am hoping that with some effort and additional research I will be able to someday soon to have a little flow of ladies in my yard.
D.gif

Hello and welcome to BYC from Ohio

Maybe you can check out your city ordinances, or call your city hall and a council member should be able to help you out.

Sharon

Hello and welcome to BYC from Ohio

Maybe you can check out your city ordinances, or call your city hall and a council member should be able to help you out.

Sharon

Hello and welcome! Hope you figure out your town laws soon, you guys are going to have a great time!

Thank you both. I am hoping to get some help decoding my towns rules from this group. I have posted that question in another post here https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/644865/need-help-understanding-town-ordinance
Fingers crossed this can be done without a long arduous fight.

Back
Top Bottom