Hello from sunny Florida

sunnysideupchick

Hatching
8 Years
May 5, 2011
Hello to all - I am not a chicken owner yet, but hope to be soon. I am in the process of educating myself a little bit first and figure I'll learn alot from a forum filled with people who are already raising chickens! My hope is to have a few hens who can give me delicious fresh eggs and I plan to use their manure in my composting. I am not "certified organic" but do all my growing without the use of commercial pesticides or fertilizers. My husband and I are going to visit a couple of people nearby who already own chickens and see how they are doing things. I've subscribed to this forum and backyard poultry magazine and have a couple of books, so hopefully I won't be too much of a danger to the first set of chicks I bring home. Thank you to the people who started this forum and to everyone who participates in the discussions. I feel there is a wealth of knowledge right here at my fingertips.

Welcome! Just really work on predator proofing. That seems to be the biggest problem area. The second thing to avoid is getting sick chickens to begin with. Good luck!......OH the most important thing....build it bigger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sharon

Hello
frow.gif
from Hesperia,CA and
welcome-byc.gif
yippiechickie.gif
D.gif

Hello from rainy, cloudy Ohio! LOL Looks like you are very smart to research and prepare for your little chicks to come. I did the same thing....I probably obsessed and researched online for almost 3 years before I finally bought my first three chicks.....Um....WARNING! They are sooo addictive. I have 29 chicks of various breeds now.......

Good luck, and have fun!

Sharon

Prepare yourself for chicken math! I had no idea what that mention until I wanted chickens for eggs and bug control. Now I am trying to keep myself from building a second coop.
smile.png
welcome to BYC.

Back
Top Bottom