Hello from Texas!

jencal74

In the Brooder
Aug 19, 2023
1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I’ve been a chicken mom since 2016. My husband built a coop for them a year or so after building our new home.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I’ve had up to 13 chickens before, but now have 6.
(3) What breeds do you have?
Right now I have 2 lavender Orpingtons, 2 Brahmas, 1 Ameraucana mix and 1 (Queen bee) Barred Rock. I’ve also had Rhodisian Reds and Buff Orpingtons.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
We’ve enjoyed the (mostly) sweet temperaments of our chickens. They’ve brought many smiles and much laughter while being a fun chore in which the whole family can enjoy.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I love to work in my flowerbed and grow a variety of plants. I also love to read, travel and cook when not chasing teenagers.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We are a family of 5 living in the northern panhandle of Texas. I’m a wife, mom of 3 and an office manager for a local builder.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I found BYC on Pinterest and joined after reading several posts about creative ideas in the coop and looking at ugly chicken pictures! At least I know I’m not alone :)

Back
Top Bottom