Hello from the High Desert (hesperia)

CindaLouWho

Chirping
5 Years
Feb 19, 2014
Hesperia, CA
Hey all. I've been a member for a few years, but have been inactive for a long time. I recently moved from Riverside, CA to Hesperia, CA and will be starting a new flock VERY SOON. I'm so excited. Next weekend we will be getting the coop and then my husband will modify the inside for me, and build the run. My previous flock free ranged, but this one will have to be confined to the coop and run 24/7. I'm not sure how that will work for them or for me, since I've never done it that way before.
Just wanted to say HELLO and see if anyone knows of any resources to purchase pullets in the HD? I always got my chickens from Chickens Galore in Norco, but now that seems like a bit of a drive. :)
Thanks for the welcomes, and any replies.

Welcome to Backyardchickens.com aka BYC! :frow
We are glad you joined our flock.

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

I’m new to this group but am also in Hesperia! Thank you for sharing about Chickens Galore in Norco, I’m thinking it might be a bit much for a drive as well, but it is worth checking out!
This information is over 4 years old. The OP hasn't been on the site in just about that amount of time as well.

I’m new to this group but am also in Hesperia! Thank you for sharing about Chickens Galore in Norco, I’m thinking it might be a bit much for a drive as well, but it is worth checking out!
OP is no longer active here at BYC. Why not create an introduction thread so that we can officially welcome you?

:frow Welcome back. Good luck with getting more birds and have fun. I don't free range anymore due to losses from predators in the past. I do have large pens for my birds and they are happy. I also covered all of the pens with good heavy duty netting. I have electric wires around the coops and pens and concrete under the gates all due to losses from predators in the past. Good luck and have fun...
IMG_20180503_094047.jpg

Back
Top Bottom